I need ideas on how to loose weight.

So for my whole life I've been tall and thin (before I had my daughter I was 5'10 140 lbs) I'm now 5'10 and 240lbs. I look at myself in the mirror and I am completely disgusted with myself. HOW did I get like this?! I still have all of the weight I gained when I was pregnant plus about 20lbs, and guess what! My daughter will be 5 in May! Whenever I eat I eat until I'm ridiculously full, and I can't stop myself I just do it. I feel DISGUSTING afterwards. I try to exercise and I do for about 2 days, then I quit and try to play it off like I was too busy or something. Everytime I look in the mirror I say, "IM GOING TO LOOSE WEIGHT!" then I go and eat a bunch of food. Then I feel horrible, but it never changes. I'm to the point I don't even look at myself in the mirror anymore other than to fix my makeup and hair. I Just wanted some ideas on how to stay motivated. Anyone have this problem too?

sabree88

Asked by sabree88 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

• What kind of dieting do you do? If you eat an extreme diet it will be hard to stick to. I would just start incorporating healthier foods like salads and veggies into your meal and switching chicken for hamburger. If you HAVE to binge then do it on celery and veggie broth. I would also try joining a dance class or something fun. The best work out dvd in the world does nothing if you don't stick with it. Or just go out side and play with your daughter. I mean seriously play not stand there by her playing. Get out and break a sweat. At four years old she should be running around like a maniac so just walk go to the park and run around with her. (or your yard if you have one... we live in an appartment so there is no yard space).
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I lost weight and kept it off with nutritional cleansing. You can see more info on my blog: http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

Feel free to contact me if you want more info or have any questions. :)
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 10:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I usually just try to eat healthier food, and less then i normally do, I know i eat way more than the "serving sizes". My big problem is that I do drink a lot of pop and energy drinks. I'm starting to go with out sugary drinks and only drink water. It's really hard to do because I ALWAYS drink pop with my meals. But I've been doing it for 2 days now and I haven't killed anyone yet. :)

Do you know of any FUN workout videos? I've tried a few and they weren't fun. I got bored of them after a few days and quit doing them. If you have and ideas. or have heard of anything or do any of them that you think are fun let me know. :)
    sabree88

Answer by sabree88 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010