baby formula?

i fed my baby formula that has sit in a diaper bag/cooler with ice packs in it but it has been in there for a while and it was still kinda cold, but i think it might of have got ruined bc about 2 hours after i fed it to him he started crying and he wouldn't stop. then he had diarhea. do you think that he will be ok or are there any signs that i need to be looking for or anything will help. it is the liquid formula also. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I fed my baby sour/kind of bad breastmilk in a bottle once. He seemed fussy for a little but it passed. It happens now i test it before i give it to him you can definitely tell if its spoiled compared to fresh but I do not know about formula. Don't beat yourself up im sure its not life or death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• If it was powder mixed with water and still cool, it would be good for at 8 hours. If he's anything like my baby was things happen at the same time that are unrelated. Just keep him hydrated and I'm sure he'll be fine. As for the above anon comment...formula stinks! It's hard to tell it's it's bad.

Another thing I just remembered...sometimes when my baby woke in the middle of the night I would just grab the closest bottle and put it in his mouth. I'm positive he has drank formula that had been out passed the aloted time and he has lived. It will be okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• formula is bad after i hour. it happens thouggh. wait for it to pass. give gass drop and avoid doing it again. next time pack a couple baottle of HOT water and mix the bottle wherever you are.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 2:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Just feed the baby any formula you grab and the baby will live, it will be OK. This is not good advice!! No wonder it is anon.

It depends on how healthy and how old your baby is how serious it is. If your baby was premature and you recently got home from the hospital then you should be very concerned and call your doctor. If your baby is 11 months old and healthy and has just had a little diarhhea then there is less to be worried about.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• you'd think if it was bad he would puke it up? good luck, just keep hydrated!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2010