Is it possible to get a "spinal headache" (almost) 1 year later??

All day today I have been have this "sort of" headache. It is kind of hard to explain, but it's like a throbbing in the top of my head. It pounds/throbs once or twice every 5-10 minutes. It is the exact same feeling I got in my back ("spinal backache") and head ("spinal headache") after having an Epidural with my daughter 11 months ago. It is not as bad or constant as then, but it is the EXACT same pain and feeling. It is more annoying than anything, but it definately hurts! Is it possible that is the cause or is it just a headache??

MadisonsMom0408

Asked by MadisonsMom0408 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

• not generally
    other medical problems can cause that type of headache.

to know if it's the same type of headache as a spinal headache, lay down. If it goes away while laying flat, it's a spinal headache. A spinal headache is from the lack of spinal fluid in the head which cushions the brain, without it the brain can basically bump your skull and it hurts. It hurts worse when up right because of gravity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• It is very common to get headaches from an epidural a year later.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2010