What would you do next??

So my husband hurt his ankle playing hockey two weeks ago. Last week he couldn’t play but said he was going to his teams game to watch. Tonight I was looking for a few dollars to leave from the tooth fairy and found a receipt in his wallet to a bar nearby. The time and date was 20 minutes into the hockey game he said he went to. Near our house, not anywhere near the hockey game. When he came home he talked about the game he claims he went to. I made a copy of the receipt. Now what? I just don’t know what to do next. I don’t even know what to think about it. So, now what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask him! Communication! Making assumptions without hearing what he has to say is not the way to go. You will make yourself crazy with all the "what if's" and trying to figure it out on your own. Most of the time we try to do that we get it completely wrong. You won't know by asking us here or by reading what comments we have to say on the issue. The only way to know is to ask him, and make sure you have the receipt in case he denies he went to the bar. But don't start out by accusing him of anything. Ask him if the only place he went to was the game, when he says yes then bring out the receipt and ask where the receipt came from. From there on you will be able to tell if he is making up lies or telling the truth. But you won't know if you don't ask!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• um confront him like NOW!!
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yea I would want to know what the heck!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• He probably stopped for a drink first...knew you wouldn't think that was cool and so didn't tell you. WHY he left a receipt in his wallet -- who knows...guys, grrr. If he was trying to hide the fact that he stopped at the bar...I'd think he would have thrown the receipt away. Was it for ONE drink? Sounds fairly harmless to me.
    Lb128f

Answer by Lb128f at 4:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I would wait until the next hockey game and follow him to see what he does.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I would just ask him about it. It is probably just something harmless but honest communication is important so its better to talk about it now then resent him for what he may have done and bring it up later during a fight about something else.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:36 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Just ask him casually about it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't jump to conclusions and go in with guns blazing. If you really want to know the truth I would just say did you go to a bar the other night? and see what he says and then tell him you found a receipt and you thought he was at a game.
    Gossip

Answer by Gossip at 7:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I would ask him if he got there on time or something- if he says that he did, then I'd ask him about the reciept.
    I think you are smart to make a copy, but keep in mind that those receipts are not always right.
    I've worked in a lot of places and the computers are often a piece of junk that don't always work right.
    they time may not be correct.
    but if he went for a drink and denies it, you could have a problem.
    such as was he drinking and driving?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I would have waved the receipt in his face and asked what the heck was up. Perhaps he simply stopped for a drink before the game?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2010