Hints of population control to come?

Rep. Bark Stupak interviewed with National Review Online’s “the corner” and said one of the Democrat arguments in favor of abortion is the money saved if the children are not born.
“If you pass the Stupak amendment, more children will be born, and therefore it will cost us millions more.

Is this the eye opener for gov't takeover of healthcare leading to population control. Down the road, what else will save money?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What else, you ask?? How about rationing cancer treatments, diabetes supplies, blood pressure meds, heart surgery, surgeries on infants, surgeries on the elderly, joint replacements? I believe this is the ultimate goal, to do away with anyone is not healthy enough, to eventually stop all disability because there will BE no disabled people. (Yes, I have my Reynold's Wrap Chapeau on. It fits quite well, and is very stylish yet practical in the rain!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Wouldn't it rust in the rain? I just lined a regular hat with Reynold's Wrap since I was worried that the foil would rust and if I got tetnus they would refuse to treat me... I am just kidding and I mean no offence to Carpy at all. Children have been limited in some countries and is a valid concern. Personally I would rather worry about here and now first though.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 5:05 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• The government has always had control over the population. Why else would they not offer affordable health care to people in poverty? And what do you think ethnic cleansing is?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:07 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• The government is corrupt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I'm sure this statement is taken completely out of context-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Hmmmm....so fund abortions to kill unborn children but keep the borders open for the pregnant Mexican women to come in and give birth for free. Please stop the insanity!!!
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 8:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Maybe I should consider my husband's idea to buy a yacht and park it in the middle of the ocean so we don't have to worry about government. Sounds like the ocean might get rather crowded if the government keeps this up.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:27 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Well of course it is! Those stupid Democrats want all the babies aborted! Before you know it they will come knocking on the doors of pregnant women and FORCE them to get an abortion against their will! All in the name of healthcare reform!

Seriously, some people need to think before they post!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Why else would they not offer affordable health care to people in poverty?

What is Medicaid and Medicare?

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I mean What *are*....
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2010