i have a question about my sons "private" area

my son is 15 months old, and the tip of his penis is red. just the tip. the whole top part of it. but no where else. he doesnt have a diaper rash. so that cant be it. does anyone know anything about this? or what it is? i cant get him into the doc until tuesday, but until then i wanted to see if any of you moms out there know what this is or heard of it, or know how to treat it.
it doesnt seem to be painful to him, cause hes not bothered by it. only when i was looking to see it. i put some creme on it to soothe it for now
i looked it up online, and it said either clean it with salt in water, or it could be a sign of diabetes? ....id rather get first hand advice from other mothers first before i take advice from that....=/ please help me
thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Very normal. Just put some diaper rash ointment on it with a high % of zinc and it will clear right up. I think it's just caused by friction in the diaper. My son gets it every once in a while. I just remember the dr not being concerned and saying it's normal as long as it doesn't seem tender to the touch or warm.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My son is 9 months old and gets it from playing with his peepee lol the internet is not your friend!! When I tried to look up something last time I convinced myself I was going blind and had a tumor lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• LOL thats kinda funny lol

thanks ladies
    Anonymous