I'm turning 30 this summer. Is it weird that I still like the jeans and clothes at AE, Old Navy, and Gap?

I like them for weekends and when I'm hanging out. I don't wear them to work or family parties (maybe cookouts!). I am petite and I have a young face and I don't want to look like I'm trying to look like I'm still a teen. I usually pick the more simple styles - solid colors, now torn up jeans, etc. I don't get caught up in the trends, it's the cut of the clothes that I like.

I just have a harder time finding clothes that I like in more mature stores. So where to women in their 30's shop? New York and Co? Dress Barn? I honestly can't stand the clothes I see in these stores. They are so boring and old to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, It is not weird. You shouldn't worry what other think anyways. Clothes are clothes. As long as if fits that is all that matters.
    We wear those clothes Im 24 Dh is 26. They are just clothes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I just turned 30 in December....I still where what I have always wore.
    We have a store out where I am I shop at it is called Discovery CLothing...my favorite place.
    I still go to Rave in the mall, JCPennys,and Kohls
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 8:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• as long as you like them who really cares right? i say rock on and don't worry about the jealous!

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think you answered your own question! You like the cut, you don't go for what's trendy, but rather what you know works for your body and you wear them when its appropriate. Doesn't matter what age someone is, if she follows those rules for dress, she'll look good any time!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No, it's not weird. I think fit is the most important thing. I still wear a lot of stuff from those stores and I'm 32. I'm not trying to look like a teenager- I'm just buying what I like and what fits. I'm really petite and have a harder time finding things that fit in a lot of stores.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:20 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Girl, I'm 47 and still shop at Old Navy occasionally! Don't worry so much about what others think. I've lived long enough to not worry so much about other's opinions. Do they consult me or my opinion on what they wear? I wear what I like and as long as it's comfortable, I like it and am presentable, that's all that matters!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Are you serious? I'm 37 and shop at those stores. Most people in there 30's and 40's shop at stores like that. Come on - 30 is not at all old!
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 9:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Wear what you want. I almost 44. I wear clothes that look good. Don't worry about the nosy neighbors or mil or jealous moms from school. I hate Dress Barn.They sell those boxy dresses with the matching black jacket that makesfeel like the flying nun and those glittery dresses, ugh. The casual clothes are so grand ma looking.shop in TJ maxx, Marshalls and Macys.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I'm 33 and love Old Navy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• those clothes are nice, just don't wear daisy dukes or half shirts
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2010