has anyone ever been told that their baby might have an kidney problemm.by the ultrsound pics if so what was the sex of the baby

sexybutter

Asked by sexybutter at 9:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Before Lucy was born she had enlarged echogenic kidneys but they couldn't find anything specifically wrong with them. 3 days after she was born she had a renal ultrasound and everything looked fine. We just had a follow up US to just make sure everything was fine and they found she had cysts on her kidneys. We have an appointment with nephrology this week to find out why and what that can mean.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure one has anything to do with the other? Is that why you're asking?
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My friend was told that her baby boy's kidney (right I believe) were enlarged.

They just monitored her closely and did some testing. He was born completely heathy with no kidney problems.
    Anonymous

• My son's kidneys were dilated while I was pregnant with him. After I had him, they done a follow up ultrasound the next two days and everything turned out fine.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2010