What would u do in my situation

Ok so I have a sister never were really close and we actually havent spoken for a long time. This year I had a major surgery and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. That was back in April, my sis never contacted me, sent her regards through my father. Then out of the blue in June she sends me a text to pass a number to me from a friend that she ran into, then today she sent me a email I am guessing to start a relationship or whatever. I just don't care anymore I saw who was there for me and who wasn't and she wasn't, The only contact she is willing to do is via email or text then should I even bother, not like she really trys. Would you take what you got or just say too little to late.

Jenlos

Asked by Jenlos at 10:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Dont waste too much time comparing this with that. What have you done lately? Maybe she is trying to use little icebreakers. Life is too short to sweat the little stuff. She is still your sister- spread the love...
    oneprittygirl

Answer by oneprittygirl at 10:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• She's your sister! Your sister!! Give her a chance, I would do anything to make sure the relationship I have with my sister always stays as close as it is now. When all is said and done, your family IS the most important thing in the world. Look at your children and imagine in 20 years that they are not speaking? How does that make you feel?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• That is your sister. You may not love her like you do your kids or friends, but she is always going to be your sister. My sisters and I are over 600 miles apart. Are we close, yes and no. We understand eachother based on how we were raised, but we don't speak everyday. One can't keep her bills paid to keep a phone and the other is a bit nerdy and does not have children, but loves ours and loves us, she just does not know how to show it. Does your sister know how much you want her to be in your life? I am not trying to bash, just sharing my thoughts. We may have been raised by the same people but we formed our own ideas some where along the way.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• The only thing I can say is just to forgive and forget. I know that sounds hard and I know it seems like it's not worth it. But she may be trying to make up for past mistakes. She may know she did something wrong and be just trying to make up for it. She may just be contacting you for something. But she may not. You've just got to let what happened be in the past.

But I would make her earn your trust back. Nothing unreasonable, but don't let your heart and your love for her as your sister allow her to take advantage of you if that is what she is doing.

Good Luck!
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• she is your sister, if she were stealing or sleeping with your husband i would say no but since she hasn't done that but lost touch then i say you should. i can't add more to what the rest of the girls have said. which i agree with.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• look at it like this.
    if she died tomorrow, would you have have regrets?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• My sister is my absolute best friend. She is a single, urban, career woman and there are times she is busy with her social life or her career and we don't speak for weeks...maybe months! Other times we do stupid things or speak our mind a little too openly and offend eahc other...but our relationship is important to us. She's the only sister I will ever have! and so we forgive and forget and just appreciate the friendship we have.

If I were in your shoes, I would focus on forming a friendship with your sister. If you still feel hurt by her absense when you needed her the most, be open with her and tell her how you are feeling! She may not realize that you needed her there.
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 11:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• You said you have not spoken for a while so you don't know exactly what she is going through or if something is happening in her life. Your dad more than likely let her know you were doing well and getting better. Maybe this is her way of reaching out to you. Are your sure something similar didn't happen to her where she expected to hear from you and never did? You may not even know.
    I have one sister and she is the world to me. During our early 20's were we not so close. That developed more in our 30s. Give her a break. Either your "sisterhood" will regrow like when you were kids or you will discover the paths you have chosen are just too different. You won't know unless you give her a chance. Exactly what do you have to lose? Just a sister?
    PennaMom

Answer by PennaMom at 11:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• just to add we did not grow up together, she is sista from another mother. I just feel hurt from that whole side nobody cared of what I was goin through noone but my dad. I had a brain tumor removed, and was very scared and am very bitter and hurt that they did not even pick up the phone to say I am thinking of you today I hope your surgery goes well. IDK what to do, I feel soo dissconnected from them all.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 12:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• I have a sibling sister from my father and we actually didn't begin forming a relationship until after our father passed away. I held a lot of resentment in my heart because I felt she had more of my father than I had and I allowed that resentment to radiate into our relationship. We started slow after my dad died, seeing each other every once in a while, telephone calls here and there etc. and then her mother passed away this summer and I felt like her siblings were all she had left and that's when I really let go of all the past issues. Today we have a really cool relationship..it's not as close as I'd like it to be, but I believe as time goes by it'll get better and better. You have to confront the true issues you have before you can find a solution. 9/10 it's not her, it's some other underlying issue. Think about it.
    kobenjadonsmom

Answer by kobenjadonsmom at 5:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2008