Why is it that when we talk to God it is called Praying, but when God talks to us it is called Paranoid Schizophrenia?

rochellecole

Asked by rochellecole at 9:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thanks for the laugh!!!!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I hear people all the time say that god talks to them, I personally would love to here what he has to say lol. I do prey allot when things are good or bad and I am a very firm believer in god however I never hear him talk back to me and I do not go to church. I dont think you have to go to church to believe but I do have a countiouse so I know what Im supposed to do and maybe thats what other people are saying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Because a person talking out loud is different than a person hearing voices which nobody else can hear. For example, when I talk to my cat in front of people, nobody thinks anything of it. However, when I talk to my cat as if I'm answering questions she is asking me, eyebrows get raised. best analogy I can come up with at the moment :)
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Good point!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Welllll.....maybe because God is a creation of our need for a "father figure", someone to take care of us? I guess I believe in God but if I thought he was talking to me, I would check into a hospital right away.
    I think the answer to this question is obvious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Because not everyone believes...simple as that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have wonder also..I am in no way in to religion..in fact im kinda Anti religion...but still have wondered this myself.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• It would only be labeled paranoid schizophrenia by people who think God is your imaginary friend so frankly their opinion has no effect on my opinion of communicating with God...in whichever way you are talking about.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• To me personally (just my opinion), God speaking to me would only be a bad thing if it went against his written word. See...if it went against his written word that he has laid out before us, it would not really be of God; hence a major problem whether that be one of mental illness or demonic temptation is another question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2010