I do not have a pan big enough to cook the corned beef on the stove in.. does anyone have suggestions for maybe the crockpot?

I am making corned beef and cabbage for St Patricks day and I can't do it on the stove as normal. Anyone ever cook it in a crock pot? Does it still turn out good?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Crockpot is the way to go. When I make corned beef I put the cabbage and onion in, too. Also carrots and potatoes and a can of French onion soup. Cook about 10 hours on low. I got this recipe from a good friend who is a very good cook.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I ALways cook it in the crockpot and I think it is the best that way.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 9:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Thanks so much! I just never made it in a crock pot before. Just wanted to make sure it would still be good. DH has never had it so I thought it would be a good dinner LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i put it in the crockpot with 1 cup of apple juice and 2 cups of water, with onion cabbage and some baby carrots. YUM
    raenicole88

Answer by raenicole88 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2010