why you have to renew drivers licenses and fishing licenses but not marriage licenses?

rochellecole

Asked by rochellecole at 9:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What an interesting idea!!! lol Maybe people should go every 5 years for brief counseling and renewal of their marriage license. LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Good one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• thats a good question I have no idea
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Fishing licenses to make money. Drivers licenses to make money and to make sure the roads are safe from people who shouldn't be on the road, and also since people use their picture licenses as ID to keep the picture current. Not marriage licenses because they want people to stay married, I guess. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 10:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• DH pointed out that in some states, including ours, you can buy a lifetime fishing license. But I see your point.

My question is this, you have to get a license for those things, and for driving you usually have to take schooling for it. But just anybody can get knocked up and have a baby, despite having a clue as to what you're doing? Is it just me? Or is that sort of screwed up? lol

Can't you just see the uproar if somebody tried to pass a law that people would have to apply for a license to have a baby? lmao
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Because you vow to stay married until death you do part. Your marriage license is good until that time.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• They should charge $1,000 for that license. ;-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• You are really renewing your picture..i know nothing about a fishing license...and a marriage never expires :D
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:15 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Because they want to make MONEY!!! Fishing and drivers license renewals happen so often because they want you to give them your money!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• If it's to keep you picture current, why dont' I have to renew my DL for 30 yrs? I'm gonna change alot between now and then. But my DL is good until 2040something.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2010