What do you think of people who use child harnesses/leashes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on how they are using them. If they are leading their kids around like a dog, yanking them around, then they are awful. If they are using as they are intended, gently, to keep the kids safe, then they are fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• hubby loves it when I pull him around by one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think they need a leash because the kid runs off and gets lost alot and there are psychos out there who will pick up a child in a matter of seconds so that is why they use it. And people who use harnesses only want their child to bond with them. Instead of leaving them in a car seat or stroller the entire time. I think both are useful and helpful to the baby but I couldn't use a harness only because the baby would get heavy for me after a while.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think its fine if you are really worried about losing your kid.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Does THIS look okay to you??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Leashes are for dogs.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think that if you have never had a child who is totally unpredictable .....then you cant comment.

My 4 year old is mildly autistic and can be completely unpredictable at times. And I totally understand why some parents choose to use them.

But I do agree that they should be used appropriately...not jerked around and such.

Its for safety and if it keeps a kid out of the road and safe....then by all means!!!!

I have never used one...I just hold on to my dd with all my might...I have gotten pretty good at it too...lol.

But at one time I considered it. Just never got around to getting one. And she has gotten better now, so I dont feel like its necessary now that she is a bit older.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Personally I'd use a shock collar instead of a leash but that's just me.

LOL JOKE!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Does THIS look okay to you??

No but it's better than having a missing child.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Sometime if you don't have them those little ones are so fast you can't catch them. I say i'm all for it. Just a fun fact those are a predominately white person product. It seems other races don't feel the need to put their kids on leashes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2010