Did you ever think you'd have children?

I'll be honest, I never thought I would because I am so uncomfortable around other people's kids unless it is family. But having my own is completely different and I love being a mom.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• ALWAYS knew I would be a mom.
    Anonymous

• I love being a mom too. What I regret is not having my children sooner. I had the stupid idea that the older the mom the more "capable" of taking care of the children. God I was wrong!
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 12:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Never thought I would be. Never wanted to be until I had my first.
    I was never around kids until I had my first and now I would not trade it for anything.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 12:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I always said, there was no way i'd ever have kids. That they'd have to gass me to sleep or something to take the baby out. Im used to go faint just thinking about blood. And even passed out watching a movie on DNA!
    But now.. I have a 1 year old, and another on the way. I love being a mom, and Im sad that I ever said ''no to being a mom'' without really thinking about all the positives, and only thinking negative about it.
    Anonymous

• I never wanted kids, I hate to admit it but the reason I had DS was because I thought my ex wouldn't leave me if we had kids, then 4 yrs later we had DD. I was pretty much right, after they were almost grown, after a little over 23 yrs of being married. He left me, no education, no job experience...just dumped me.

Then I had to do the ultimate stupid thing and fall for a guy that not only had kids, but at the time they were both in diapers and the younger one wasn't even walking. They are now 4 and 5, not in school yet and driving me right up the wall.

Sorry, we're having a really, really bad week! I want so bad to call his mother to come watch the kids and just disappear forever!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I pretty much always intended to have children =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I ALWAYS wanted to be a mom since I was a preteen but I didn't go and search out and try to get pregnant or highrisk teenager daring to get pregnant. I have 3 kids and they are the absolute best that ever happened to me. When my oldest was born the first time I saw him the next morning I knew why God had me around, to be a mom to that baby and later two more.

I have women relatives and friends loved all who have had even multiple miscarriages. I've worked hard with my two daughters to teach them remind them that though they might someday want children if it doesn't happen to remember that being a mom can be a part of life but it's not all there is in life, they themselves are so so much in personality's worth to the world to give and teach to learn from the world, more than just motherhood.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I always knew I wanted to be a mom. BUT I waited til I had a good education and a good job, and married a man who could provide a good living for me to quit my job and be a sahm and raise our kids without any assistance from either of our families or the government.
    Anonymous

• I knew I'd have them one day, just didn't think I'd be this young (I was 24 when DD was born.) I always thought I'd be in my late 20s or early 30s, have a degree, and be married. Life usually doesn't turn out the way you plan though lol. Instead I met the love of my life and ended up pregnant. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I also don't really like kids lol, but I love and like my own!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I hoped I would... there is a long history of fertility issues on my mom's side... I was kind of a fluke, my mom was also a fluke after her parents had been married for over twelve years! After a year of ttc without success, three cycles of clomid ending in a m/c at 11 weeks, and a medical diagnosis making more clomid unsafe for me, I really despaired that I would be able to have any. Luckily I now have three wonderful kids and consider myself beyond fortunate!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2010