sahm a misnomer?

How many of you sahm actually find your self "at home"? I have two teenagers and an elementary school child and am rarely home between all the taxing I do.

If you are a sahm and you really do sah... let us know how old your child is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HEre we go again. The battle of the SAHM and WM continues. Round 100!!!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Imogine... this is in no way is a wm vs. sahm.

I simply find it funny that I dont stay at home now that the kids are older. Never in my wildest dreams did I think i would be on the go this much as a sahm. 

OP

Anonymous

• I'm mostly at home. My kids walk themselves to school. I still have to pick them up (which is walking, I don't have a car). They are 9, 8 and 7. Two days a week my 4yo has class and I have to take and pick her up. But other then that we're at home bored out of our minds. Some days we walk to the store to get donuts while the older kids are in school (our special treat).
    During the fall/spring the kids take classes after school at our park and I usually walk them over and wait although they are getting old enough to do that themselves now (and sometimes my husband would take them). I do all my shopping with my husband when he has off (since he has the car) which is usually Friday after the kids have left for school.
    Tuesdays are the worst. I have to get out at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm and then 4pm if my dd has Girl Scouts which really sucks when it's 20F outside and snowing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I'm generally a WM... but a couple of weeks ago I was taken out for an injury (no light duty) and I got to be a "SAHM" for 5 days... yeah I was never home.... I actually never wanted to be a SAHM but now that the kids are older I do.... I want to be able to be at their school and take them places etc.etc. all the time.
    Wierd...
    Anonymous

• I have two teens and an elementary child.... I have never been one to stay home. When they were little we were in multiple playgroups. We had Zoo passes. We went to the beach.... etc. Now that they are in school I am home 2 days a week Mon, Tue for house work... the rest of the time Im running errands or literally running. But come 2pm Im in the car Mon-Fri for about 5 hours... running kids back and forth to sports/religion/music classes... then holy heck the weekends are nuts with traveling sports teams. I never thought I would be going going going sooooo much as a sahm.

OP

Anonymous

• anon :23.... Im so sorry you got hurt. Are you feeling any better?

When you are used to a schedule (wk or sahm) and it gets thrown off it really takes a while to get back into gear. Hope all is getting better!

OP

Anonymous

• I have a 4 year old and a 10 month old and I am at home. I rarely get to leave.

I figure that when your kids are in school you're not really a SAHM anymore. Not in the truest sense of the word anyway. You're not at home because you're busy outside the home so I don't know what you would but SAHM is not really accurate at that point.
    Anonymous

• Most days, we do stay at home. Mine are 3 and 1. However, about 2 days a week I have errands and such, and we're out. When it was just a baby, yeah, we got out ALL THE TIME.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I am usually at home. I take the kids to school in the morning. I pick one up halfway through the day. We pick the other one up at the end of the day. I have errands to run, and sometimes I do them while the kids are at school, but we're pretty much homebodies here.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yep, I'm at home all day. My daughter is 14 months old.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2010