bathroom

My son is having problems going to the bathroom. He says it hurts to make the poop come out. He is 5 years old. He eats fruit almost everyday. He has been having this kinda problem for about a week and we cut out almost all cheese out, cause he usually eats alot of cheese and he is still having problems. What can I do to make it easier to go? What should I cut out of his diet that is making it hard to go? What food should I give him to help him go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

• Try giving him some prune juice....or just some prunes to eat.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yogurt and anything with fiber. and plenty of water or juice.
    Anonymous

• milk too can make a person go but with milk and also prune juice if you give too much at once or too much too often it can cause the runs. If he has to go to doctor if dr. finds stool in his rectum that's good. Can he listen watch on an iphone a fav dvd or cd music while he's in bathroom to help him relax. If we're tense and uptight, rushed that can make us constipated too I know!!!

Hope he feels better!!!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• When you try prune juice. My Dr recommended puting it in the freezer for 15 to 20 mins. It tastes much better colder. I tryed it and it does. My Dd does not mind drinking it anymore.
    Anonymous

• More than a week.
    I would consult with the ped. Sometimes constipation could be an alert for food allergies or any other digestive problem.
    Our doctor usually recommends to drink lots of water, cut the juices, and eat food high-fiber food.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• no bananas either!!!!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Have him drink lots of water. No juice. No bananas. No rice. No cheese. Increase the fruit intake.
    Anonymous