Filing for bankruptcy and.....

bitter ex was informed even though they are no longer owed money. What happens if they show up at the trustee meeting to harass me? Do I have any legal rights to keep them away? =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I really don't understand your question. Are you asking if creditors can show up at the meeting? First, yes they have the legal right to show up and ask for the money they are owed. That's not harassment, that's life when you are in debt and filing. However, in most cases NO creditors show up and it's a relatively painless process.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I am not sure. However, I do have a bit of advice if you are interested... I just recently started going through Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Make Over" and I LOVE it! You can avoid bankruptcy!! You can repair your credit and get out of debt!! Yes, it takes time, work and sacrifice, but if you are willing to change the way you think about money, it will change your life FOREVER!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010