Did anyone sleep in today?

Did you over sleep due to the time changes? My DD called to see what time it was. She slept in. 3 Young ones under her care. Figures when you need your DH or any child to wake you up.Or a pet, A pesty Bug, phone Call or anything.. It doesn't happen. She had to be to work in a 1/2 hour! But this is life! What about you? Does Springing forward upset your patterns or your children's?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 1:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• spring forward and fall back always mess everyone up. I don't understand why they do it...Just leave it alone! lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, I slept in, but it had little to do with the time change...and doesn't really matter, anyway. Today is Sunday; I have nowhere to be!
    Anonymous

• Who decided to do time change on a Sunday?? We attend church, so it meant getting up an hour earlier!! I was up at what used to be 4:30 a.m.!!! And when many get an extra hour in the fall, by kids just wake up an hour earlier, so I lose sleep then too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yes but only bc I'm bored and have nothing to do today
    Anonymous

• Technically no, by the clock yes.
    I got up at 430 am which was technically my 330. That is when I always get up
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• History of DST: At the time of World War 1, few nations began fine-tuning their clocks in the middle of a year. The reason behind this was to regulate daylight hours in the time of summer so that they can approximately match the hours that people are not sleeping. Their aim was to save fuel by reducing the requirement of artificial light.

Many nations including US, still do some changes like this. United States normally start daylight-saving time on the 1st Sunday of April each year and end it on the last Sunday of Oct month. But from last 3 years Daylight Saving Time began at 2am on 2nd Sunday of March and ends at 2am on the 1st Sunday in November.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Nope because I had to work at 9 am.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• YES!! It freaked me out. I came flying down the stairs to ask hubby why in the world he let me sleep in this long. Then found I had really only "overslept" by 1/2 an hour.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• We didn't have anywhere to go, so it's alright.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• sleep in? what's that?!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010