HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR CHILDS OR CHILDRENS NAMES??

After my husband and I found out it was a girl we sat in the car and wrote down the whole alphabet and we had to come up with two girl names for each letter. Then we looked it all over and didnt like any of them, we sat around for about 10 more minutes thinking and then turned to each other at the exact same time and both said Aleksandria. Thats what it was meant to be. I sswear its like out of a movie. How did you come up with the names???

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 1:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Her daddy named her. He liked the name Victoria because it reminded him of Queen Victoria. I didn't like it at first (because it's such a common name), but now I love it! It definitely suits her.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Funny, we were in the car, too, when we finally found a name we agreed on for both pregnancies - the first, on our way to the ultrasound and the 2nd, on our way to deliver! My DH is French and also has a sister married to en anglais - they named one of their sons a very English name and his poor family cannot say the child's name properly. So it was important for us to find a name that both families could pronounce properly. We needed both genders as we like the surprise. We already had a few girl names picked out - Michaela and Isabelle. For our first son, I tried so many to get my DH to agree to something - finally, I said "Samuel" and he said "oh, I like that - Sam-ooh-EL". For our 2nd, we still had the girls names but could not agree on a boys until we were enroute to deliver and I wnet through our shortlist again and he said "Luc, I like Luc" - I said Luke - but to compromise, we settled on Luc - I call him Lukie:)
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 2:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I worked in a place where I did billing, and I saw a person's name on a bill, her name was Lilliana. I said, "If I ever have a girl, that's what her name will be." I didn't even know I was pregnant than, but a few weeks later discovered I was. I knew from that moment on that I was having a girl, and that's what her name would be.
    Anonymous

• My first was a Street in Orlando(KaleyAve)I thought noone else would have that name since it was a street in Orlando. I always knew I was going to name my daughter that. Kailey Brianna, Brianna was a the name of a girl they called Bri and I just liked the name, hated the girl...lol
    My second was a name I had just heard and it stuck on me since 7th grade, Johnathan James
    And my 3rd I went thru every name in the book and my husband did not agree with any. The day he was born and we were holding I asked him, what do you think of the name Jason David? I had never mentioned this name to him before because I never cared for it, well thats the one he ended up picking! lol
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 2:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• my oldest child's name is London Michaela; I love names of places but I wanted something that hadn't been done to death. Around the time I was pregnant with her there were enough China's and Paris' so I chose London. For her middle name I chose the name of the character on my favorite show then and now was Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and her name was Michaela Quinn.

My youngest is Madison Lizbeth and again her first name is the name of a place - no, not Madison WI but Madison Avenue and I love the name Elizabeth but I wanted a modern twist on it so we went with Lizbeth.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I fell in love with the name Cassandra when I was 16 after watching the film the Cassandra Crossing so I named my first dd Cassandra.  My second dd's name is Mallory.  I first heard the name while watching Family Ties and liked it.

I don't care for the spelling of Aleksandria but then again I'm probably biased since my name is Alexandra.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• With our first he picked Wesley and I instantly agreed. With our second he hated every single name I had picked, but he didnt have any names to offer. Finally I was 8 months and his mom asked if we had decided on a name yet and I said I wanted to name him Kellen, and Nic said " no" and she says" well what do you want to name him", Nic says" I dont know" and she says" well I guess it's Kellen then" , lol. So after hearing his mom say it , he finnally agreed.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• my DD's name is Molly. her grandmas' names are Polly and Holly...it just seemed like the right thing to do haha. plus, we have Irish heritage and wanted something that reflected that. we had picked the name out before we were married just as a joke at first, but when we heard "its a girl" it just fit her so well!

if we ever have a son his name will be Jack after my FIL.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My son's name is Jude. He is named after St. Jude. St. Jude is the Saint I prayed to for years for a child, to love as my very own. St. Jude is my favorite Saint and defintely our miracle worker!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Our 1st is Ruger Dean, and baby due-in-June will be Browning John. Both first names are after guns (husband is a Marine and we're both avid shooters & hunters) Dean is my husband's Grandpa and John is my dad & grandpa's middle name. If baby #2 was a girl, she would have been Kimber Nicolette--same theme and middle name after my cousin that was killed by an elderly driver in 10/08.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2010