my 18 months old baby boy's dr thinks that he maybe has a testicle hernia

Hello...in my las 18 months old baby check up...the dr.said that maybe my baby has a testicle hernia....he is preemie..now we are waiting for the surgery pediatrician appointment and see through an ultrasound if it is an hernia or noppp...i hope nopeee because i am really scared about the surgery...anyone whose baby went through these surgery? how the surgery is? thank you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My nephew had a testicle hernia when he was 1 month old. I was only 10 years old at the time so I don't remember much. I do remember that we were all nervous, but it went well. My son had to have a frenulectomy (tongue tie surgery) when he was two. I was very nervous.I just prayed and prayed. It went by super fast. I pray that everything goes well with your son's surgery.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My son had surgery when he was 4 months old for just that reason. It was outpatient, lasted all of 30 minutes, and he went home the same day. It was horrifyingly scary, but he recovered very quickly. They did noy even give him stitches- he had Derma-Bond (its a glue), and doesn't even have a scar from it!

He's almost 3 now... It is something that is best repaired when they are very young. It will not affect his ability to have children, or his physical appearance. But it CAN affect those things if it is not taken care of.

Good luck, I KNOW how scary it is, but it'll be OK. (((HUG)))
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• A very close friend of mine had a son with this and he had the surgery when he was a little less than two. She is a nurse and her husband is a doctor and neither was very concerned. The surgery is very minor, though you need to go to someone who knows what they're doing, and the recovery was amazingly fast. He was running around like normal the next morning.

Good luck. It will be fine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010