what age is the best to start potty training?

angeleyez1234

Asked by angeleyez1234 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think there is a best age. From what I hear, if you start when your child is showing an interest, it can take very little time. However, you can also start very early with them! The youngest i have started is 9 months. She still wears diapers, and only went in the toilet about 1/2 the time, but I saved a TON on diapers. She goes every single time I put her on the toilet, so she fully understands what it is for. She is now 16 months and I have been putting her in underwear and working on getting her on the toilet every time! Like I said, it may not take as long if you wait until they themselves are interested, but they can learn to go at a MUCH younger age. It just takes a little/lot more work.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i'd say around one to start trying to potty train then..unless they're not walking yet...but when they start walking is a good time to start training
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• DD was 15 months when we started. And now that she is 2 1/2, I am glad that we started early.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I start around 19/20 months, just to see how interested they are. After 4 kids I discovered that the longer you wait the less accidents you have
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2010