My husband recently lost his job. We are still waiting for unemployment. We don't have any money right now and we are down to our last diaper for both kids. What should we do?

We have no idea how long it's going to take to get his unemployment. We don't even have minutes for our phone to try to call anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for our son and daughter. We litteraly only have one diaper for each of them left. Please help... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go to your church or churches around you and they will help
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 2:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Maybe now is the time for potty-training?
    Since you have internet access, go to freecycle.org. You can find people in your area who are giving things away for free, and you can post that you need help.
    Anonymous

• oohhh I'm so sorry. Call a church's emergency number and speak to a priest or minister. If you're Catholic try Catholic Charities. You can also call BirthRight and see if they can help you. Also call CONTACT they can maybe give you guidance.

Do you have family who would help if they knew your hardship? If so this is the time to suck up your pride, your kids lives depend on in.

What sate do you live in?
    Anonymous

• Go to the closest church and ask them if they can help or if they can call another church or agency who can.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• How old are your kids and what sizes do they wear, includin diaper sizes?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My son is 2. he wears size 6 diaper and my daughter is 10 months. she wears size 4 diapers.
    tnvplus2

Answer by tnvplus2 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Do you have a washer and drier? Pretty much anything can be used as a diaper if you think outside the box. There are videos on youtube on how to fold a receiving blanket into a diaper, after learning the folds it's pretty easy to turn anything else into a diaper! Think; hand towels, old Tshirts, blankets, etc. If you don't have pins don't worry. You can use string. You could put buttons on some items to make them work. Even tape would kind of work....but try to find string.... Fleece will help contain moisture so you don't have to worry about everything being peed on if you put your LO's in fleece pants. I know this idea probably doesn't thrill you to pieces but if you really are down to nothing than it's way better than nothing.
    I use cloth full time and I can tell you it's really not bad once you get the hang of it.
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 2:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• We're scraping by so I don't have much to spare, but what I do have is yours. I have a few size 4 diapers my son outgrew too fast and I have some pull ups that will fit them both. Every little bit helps when you're struggling, so while I don't have a lot to give you (I have a boy and a girl too and was hoping your boy was younger than mine) what I do have may prove helpful. If interested message me with your mailing address.

Also, please do contact some churches. And see if your town has a PATH. Also contact the Salvation Army.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I would go to my doctors office and have them bill the diapers to me, i know that sounds weird but it would work.

otherwise diapers arent going to be your only problem cause if your like me then your kids are taken care of firs, so since you dont have diapers im assuming you donthave much of anything else right?

Ive been there but not had my baby yet. Id honestly take out a loan, I know its debt, but you can get some quick if you go to a credit union and its for a good reason. you need it. in the mean time you may want to try and go to your local welfare office and see if you can get emergency assistance. They will help, im sure.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• also, i give away diapers when my son outgrows them on craigslist. Whatever is left in the pack I just put it on craigslist and the first one to set up a time to get the diapers gets them, so i suggest you see if there are any free diapers on craigslist and try to get them right away
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010