shots

i got my dogs shots today. is it ok for me to take her out to the park and stuff today or should i wait

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pets

• I treat my dogs like kids -when they get shots i just snuggle in and stay home. After being stressed out at the vets they appreciate that. I just figure like a body part on a human can be sore after a shot, it could be that way for an animal.

I don't remember ever being told that it takes x hours until a shot becomes effective, if that's what you're worried about just ask your vet.

You're such a good doggiemama~~~~~
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I got my dog a vaccine about a month ago. She is 8 and doesn't even flinch when she gets them! So for her, it is normal activities...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think that when you get a shot you should work out that area of the body. Allowing an animal to run and play makes the pain go away faster. But a little TLC doesn't hurt either.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 3:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2010