I've been having quite a few stomach pains for the past few weeks. They're hard to describe, but they feel like a cross between a pinched nerve and a muscle spasm. They tend to run verticle center of my stomach, but on the inside. Kinda where you would have the dark line when you get further along in a pregnancy. Its a strange feeling, like I'm being cut with a knife! When I feel one coming along, I tighten my stomach as the intensity of the pain grows, then it goes away and comes back within a minute or less. Its very weird. Reminds me of having contractions (when I was pregnant with DD), except I felt my contractions all over and in my back, these pains are just in a straight line up my stomach. It gets to where I can't breathe sometimes, thats how badly they hurt. Anyone had anything like this, or know what it could be from??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe just the muscles pulling? I had that a few times when I was pregnant. Never figured out what they were from and it happened so sporadically that I really didn't worry about it. I'd ask your doc just to be on the safe side though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• It sounds like the muscle and ligament pain that I've had with this pregnancy.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 7:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• depnends were on the stomach lower ab or upper ab.. just last week i had a horrible stomach ache above my belly button and i took some tylenol and i was fine but i realize i had stomach cramps coz im in the 2nd trimester and havent been able to poop so everything was backing up and putting pressure .. not a good feeling
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2010