I dont recall what to do with a baby and a cough ??

Okay so my kids are 5 to 8 yrs older than my baby who is 3 months old. He woke up coughing and cries a lot Im sure he has a sore throat like his older siblings have had all week. The thing is Tylenol and Desylum have worked for the older kids, but you cant give so much to a 3 month old baby. I dont know if I can rub baby vapor rub or if I can use a Humidifier or a Vapor rub machine to be on .... I dont want to do any and some how my memory is not working with remembering what I did with my other kids. Phlem ?? do I suck it out with the suction balb they give at hospital ? I know he has thrown it up twice, but will I help with suction ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• you can use little noses if there is a runny/stuffy nose. use the humidifier but im not sure if you can put vicks in it. suction the nose with the suction bulb. other than that, i dont think there is anything else that can be done at that age. good luck and hope LO starts feeling better.
    Anonymous

• Suctioning can help. Call his doctor in the morning and get an appointment. This sounds like what all my kids and I have had for a few days.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 3:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• What's the doctor going to do? Not much you can do. With a 3 month old I wouldn't trust the Vicks baby rub. Suction, humidifier. Take him in the shower if he gets real congested to breathe all that moisture.

Hope he is feeling better soon. If he is breastfed he will probably be less sick than the other kids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Elevate his head by putting a pillow under his crib mattress at night
    Humidifier with about a tbsp of salt in it
    Saline drops and bulb suction
    Nice steamy bathroom for about ten minutes
    No vicks- it can irritate his skin, also no cough medicines- too easy to od
    The dr really can't do a whole lot unless the cough doesn't go away after a few weeks- then all they can really do is prescribe a nebulizer to help break up the goop and make the baby cough more.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2010