Random Act of Kindness

Quite a lot of posts on here are bashing and not very up lifting. It is easeier to go down to someone elses level rather than to bring someone up to our level. Can anyone remember a time when they did something ramdomly nice on or off the computer with out any expetations of gaining anything for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well I let my cousin give her son a birthday party at my house yesturday. Does that count?
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Rochellecole: of course it counts. Good Job!
    Anonymous

• I do random things daily like speak to others, say please and thank you, hold open doors etc... But once I was going into hardee's drive thru and a woman in another car was pulling in at a different entrance, I let her go in front of me since it is hard to get in the line the way she came in. Well, I placed my order and got to the window to pay for it and the lady running the drive thru told me the lady ahead of me paid for my breakfast and asked her to tell me Thank you...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• my son was in the hospital one time and in the room next to us was a little girl that had to have surgery. the day she was getting released i bought her a stuffed animal and we gave it to her before she left.
    Anonymous

• i gave all my dead daughters stuff away to a needy family. it was time to let the stuff go.
    Anonymous

• Op: Wonderful answers. Sometimes we just need a reminder that kindness isn't dead.
    Anonymous

• paid for the coffee for the lady behind me at Tim hortons last week - she dropped her $$ outside and had already ordered.

we bought MIL and GreatGrandpa dinner last night after birthday party for our nephew (they had the party at chuckecheese - made a deal with the kids that we'd eat at a real place after, and invited MIL along)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I smile at strangers. It's the best I can do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I donate all my kids outgrown clothes and toys to charity, I plug parking meters if I see they're almost out.

I was once in line at the supermarket and the woman ahead of me was short .34 cents and was looking at what she could put back, so I paid the .34c for her. I'll give money to people on the street if I have it. I let my niece have her baby shower at my house.

And of course there are the really little things like holding doors, saying 'please' and 'thank you', smiling at strangers, things that should just always be done, common courtesy that has sadly become uncommon.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I paid for my friend's lunch the other day at school. She brought me the money back, and I took it and donated it to the Heart Assoc. (we're taking money at school)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010