If someone was smoking in front of your children, would you rip the cigarette out of their hands?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i'd move my children. come on they dont need to see that anger.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• no
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No, I too would move them. Depends on if I knew them or not if I'd say anything. If it was like in my house or somewhere I don't allow smoking, than I'd probably go off on them.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No. I would just move them from the situation. Knowing my son as I do, he would probably say something to the person like "smoking is really bad for you!" You gotta love the DARE program!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No, you don't have the right to touch someone else or anything they are holding. I would move my children. If we were there first or it was a park, I would ask the smoker to move.
    Anonymous

• My 3 yr ols simply tells anyone that smoking is bad, and it will burn you. Thats what we told her so she will stay away from people who smoke, because tons of people are so careless.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No, but we'd leave the area if possible. If it wasn't possible, I'd make faces at the person and say loud things to my kids about how awful smoking is. I know it's stupid, but that's what I'd do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No. Would you rip a mixed drink/beer out of someone's hand who is drinking in front of your child? Do you teach your children to tell adults that drinking alcohol is bad for them? I think there is such a double standard. And, no, I don't smoke.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No, and especially not if they were smoking in a place where it is legally allowed. I may not like smoking, but the world does not revolve around my children or me. Just as that person has the right to smoke, I have the right to move so that's what I would do. I think it takes a pretty entitled person to think they can behave in such a manner.
    littlevic

Answer by littlevic at 5:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• no what would be the point?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2010