Egg sized lump in my breast...

Ok, I was in a bad accident last Saturday. Someone hit us then we hit a semi head on, fortunately the semi was not moving... Besides a broken thumb, I have bruising everywhere my seat belt was touching. However, under the nasty one on my left breast is a huge lump about the size of an egg. I went to the ER and they said it is just badly bruised. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow. But I am asking because the bruising is going away, but the knot doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Oh and I believe I still had some milk at the time, my baby had just weaned two weeks before.

Jessycwr

Asked by Jessycwr at 4:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

• You likely have massive bruising and swelling in that area. I'm sure they gave you correct information. See what they say on your follow up.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Wow I'm so sorry. I hope you're doing better. Have you put some ice packs on it?. But no longer then 20 minutes with it protected! Keep an eye on it! If in doubt go in to someone else. Make your life, healing and wellness your top prioroity. Hope you feel Well soon.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2010