Cream cheese and yogurt frosting?

I read somewhere that you can use yogurt thickened with cream cheese as a frosting...has anyone done this? Does this work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hmmm....sounds interesting. Never heard of it. It would need sweetener. I would use powdered sugar and some flavoring, even if you are using flavored yogurt. If it doesn't taste right for frosting you could always save it and make fruit parfaits with it!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Even cream cheese, whipped or creamed or whatever, isn't thick enough for frosting - using it to thicken yogurt would be a joke I'd think. Well, it'd work if you were frosting a 9x13 still in the pan, but you can't frost a layer cake or anything with vertical sides, it'll just drip off, and you surely can't decorate with it. I think it'd be a huge fail.
    Anonymous