Do you ever find yourself wanting another baby even though you just had a baby not too long ago?

I'm in that boat, I seem to find myself wanting another child, but don't know why. I'm thinking it might be, because I need to loose weight, and already know I still want 2 more kids. I want them close in age and kind of want to get all the pregnancy's over with by the time I am 26

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 4:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, I didn't want babies close together unless we had multiples which we didn't have. I was happy enjoying each baby's babyhood and toddlerhood with my older kids three and four years older and easier on me each time a new baby was born.

But the moms I know with babies close together treat them like twins. Even an 18 mo old or a 26 mo old still are somewhat baby like with crying and temperament.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have baby fever but I know I'm not ready and I want my DD to be the only baby for awhile. I would like my kids close in age too though.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yes! I've had "baby fever" for the past 2 months now. My DD will be 1 on Thursday already, and DH and I decided we do want our kids close in age. I miss my tiny baby!!! We decided to try again in the fall but part of me wants to start "trying" now!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 5:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• It's normal but getting pregnant would not be good for you, the baby, and maybe not for your family. The World Health Organization recommends waiting 3 years to ttc. It takes that long for the body to recover and for the baby to have the optimal womb environment. It's bad for your body to have babies too soon. It's hard to take care of a baby and a toddler. The toddler may have problems because of the baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I agree with Gailll hehe, I know that My body isn't anywhere close to being ready for a 2nd child. My Husband wants to wait until he finds a job starting at 15-25 an hr. Hopefully in another 4 months He will be able to, the sooner the better. But for some reason I still am hopeful for another baby ;)
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I def find myself wanting another..me and my dh have talked about trying in december for another one cause it can take time to conceieve so by the time we have the next one our son will be 2or maybe 2 1/2..so they will still be close in age but my body will have time to recover from having him cause i had to have a csection with him and it is just not good..the scar tissue is even still there!!!
    JoshysMomma19

Answer by JoshysMomma19 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2010