Is it stange for my ex to named his daughter after me- my first name and middle name

I ran into my ex at the mall.
He had a new baby girl. really cute. He named her after me0 my first name and middle name. it is not a common name.
what the hell. i have not seen him in 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• if he's ex bf I'd say he's not over you, if he's ex husband I'd say he wants you to know he's still around
    Anonymous

• I think I'd find it odd even if the name was common. Does his wife know I wonder?
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 4:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yeah, it's a little strange. Usually ex's names are the first on the NO list.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• maybe he just liked the name
    Anonymous

• may b u r the mom and he never told u
    Anonymous

• lol, no way
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yeah that is weird - for me ex's names are a big no, but even it I really liked one name that was an ex's name and decided to do it, I would NO WAY do the same first AND middle.. That is just weird! That girl's poor mom. lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yeah he still thinks of you.....I have a confession, I still carry a torch for an exbf, That I haven't spoken to in 8 years.... wanted to name my son after him, my husband had no clue, he just thought it was a good name...Then his daughter came up with a name that he liked better. I still want to be with my exbf, maybe in the next life or something, I just can't get over him.
    Just wait til the baby's mom finds out because I am sure she has no clue.
    Anonymous

• Not strange to me just means he must still have feelings for you. What is strange to me is his wife/babys mamma allowed this.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 6:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• That would be a bit weird and I am surprised the baby's mom is ok with it --if she knew your name. Maybe he just liked the name?
    Anonymous