Are your children in private school or public school or Home-schooled?

I am putting mine into Private School.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 4:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Home school for now.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I commend you for deciding to put yours in private school and I plan to do the same if I can find a school we can afford.

I am in high school and growing up in a private school was really great. I was a good kid. When I switched to public school in middle school I was exposed to drugs,language, laziness, and I got pregnant. It's a reality in public schools today and it is something I don't want my child around.

You may think not all public schools are like that but I am talking about schools in a rich, nice, clean area. It is everywhere. Schools have changed since most parents were there. Look at teen pregnancy and drug statistics.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• public -where we are now is best of all we've been in cause of moves.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is only 2, but my wish is to homeschool her. I would love to, and I hope it works out - but if not, then hopefully we could afford private - and if not, then we would have to move, because I am not happy with the public schools in my area.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I disagree with homeschooling because my fiance and his brother were supposed to be home schooled and are now completely uneducated adults. I also have had to go to school with people who were home schooled and then transfered in and none of them knew anything! Many parents just aren't qualified to teach.
    What was taught when they were in school isn't applicable anymore. My father is a high school teacher and he says state required curriculum changes every few years. Kids also will do better academically in a formal environment where they know they have to pay attention. They will respect a stranger teaching WAY more than their parents!
    Anonymous

• my kids are NOT going to public school...we will find a way to pay for private school because i care about their education and future
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• amber....please don't tell me your blaming public schools for you getting pregnant...? lol
    Anonymous

• Lol I understand what Amber is saying, she is saying that basically after leaving the private school that she had attended she went to a Public School, and when she was being introduced to a bad crowd and kind of what the popular thing was and all the children, she wanted to fit in and while transforming into a new school she got pregnant but hey, it may have not been her personal choice. I had bad stuff happen to me in Public schools, on and off growing up, sexual harassment and name calling is horrible these day's!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 5:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Anon, it's so sad that you think children respect complete strangers more than they do their own parents.
    I have known many homeschooled children, and they are usually far better educated and well mannered than other children.
    Anonymous

• public - because I can't afford private.
    But some public schools are great. Where he is now is ok, no complaints. Where he went in ST. Johns county while we were in Fla was amazing.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2010