Do you think that public school's are going down-hill in our generation? What do you think? And why? What's going on in our kids schools?

I wonder because I was in public schools My entire life and they were starting to get worse and everywhere I went no matter what city, state, or town, they all seemed to have something in common. such as groupies, the popular crowd, nerds, geeks, preps, the loners, you named it, and there was a group, disrespect to teachers, cursing, fondling, nude pic's, kids dating without parent's knowing to no one believing in their faith to the point that schools around America wanted to take the name God out of the pledge even though it's been that way for century's not only that but the clothes that students wear and some don't get in trouble for it. Others would skip class all the time, no discipline. I am just tired of what's going on and don't want My daughter in this mess! By the way it's much worse now in Middle School I did a survey on some middle-aged kids about their school, and it's worse! 30-34 kids to a class.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 4:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Public schools are taking to the back burner every year it seems. Budgets are being cut like mad, reducing staff, resources, supplies, etc. The government just doesn't seem to care about making education a priority.

Anonymous

• they are...in a lot of schools the passing grade is now 55 and on a report card the lowest grade a child will get is a 50...even if their average is much lower...i want my kids in private school because i want them to get a real education
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I think public schools for the most part, a few exceptions here and there, are failing our kids because they are not actively teaching antibullying. Kids will not learn to be nice to other races, higher or lower income, physically challenged kids, academically challenged unless there is frequent roleplaying - not with extra credit as a bribe but because it the right thing to do. most hometown wars and school bullying in the U S are similar to the violence in the wars we're in overseas.

Roleplaying needs to be done and done every day at home, in religion if attended, and in schools. It is a life altering event to be bullied. It never leaves the child or adult. Never.

Anonymous

• Same here thank you for all the great advice! I can't believe how teachers are acting about their education, and how can Us working Mothers teach our kids when Our Husbands are also working! It's such a hard world out there.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 4:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• what gets to me is all the testing they do these days. ridiculous! my friends son is in kindergarten and has a ton of homework. when I was in K, all we did was color and sing songs, traced some letters....nothing crazy!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2010