any ideas on how i can get my kindergartener to engage in his class? for the work part.

he will play just fine but when it is time for him to sit down and do his work he shuts down and withdraws from the whole class.

mommy182108

Asked by mommy182108 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's the teacher's job to do that not your's. She spent a lot of money on her education to teach her how to deal with different learners. Engage HER to do more for him. It's what she's trained to do. (yes I'm a retired teacher so I know what her education consisted of. she's just being lazy)
    Anonymous

• How old is your kindergartner? Maybe he's just not ready for school yet.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• is it possible he is stuggling with the work? maybe it is too hard for him or he may have some type of learning dissability. I would keep working with him and keep in close contact with his teacher. try to make the work as fun as possible- make it a game or sing a song.
    Anonymous