My mom and husband hate each other!!!

I don't know what to do! Ever since we got married my mom has been so mean to my husband. My husband never had a problem with my mom until she started saying mean things to him. When I sat down and told her she didn't talk to me for 3 months! My mom is really sensitive so it's hard to tell her that kind of stuff. I don't know what to do. My husband doesn't want my mom coming to our house anymore. We already live in a different state than my parents. I guess the big thing is that My mom thinks that my son is more her's than he is to my husbands parents. My parents and my husbands parents live in the same state so I'm forbidden to see my husbands parents when I come to visit my home state. Anyone have this problem or suggestions on how to resolve it?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Your mother needs to step up and act like an adult. She is sensitive? How would she like to be treated the way she is treating your husband? Stand up for your husband or you will loose him. I do not blame his for not wanting to deal with his monster-in-law.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• bless your heart. all i can say is love your husband he is your spouse and thats important.
    Mrs.Faith

Answer by Mrs.Faith at 11:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• I do love him and trust me I asked him what he wants me to do, and he said just to leave it alone and we will learn to deal with it. I even suggested telling my mom that she isn't allowed at our house and we aren't going to visit her until she is nicer to him and back's off my son. Sometimes I think that she thinks my son is her child. My husband told me not to tell her that. They are both being stubborn!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• stand by you man and if your mom can't be polite then i would stop seeing her till she realizes what her behavior is costing her and your dad.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• If I were in your shoes, I would tell your mother that she is expected to treat your husband with respect when she is in your home. If she can't keep her hurtful comments to herself, then she is not welcome.

Second, I would tell her that it is equally important for your family to visit with your inlaws when you are in state as it is for you to visit your mother.

Obviously use tact and treat her with respect, but make your position clear.

Don't allow her to control you, or to cause problems between your husband and yourself. I have been-there done-that with my mother in law...it is so stressful!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• Thank you everyone! I do admit I need to talk to her, but I'm just scared...isn't that awful? My mom has issues seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• My mom has very serious issues too. She loves my boyfriend more than she loves me, isn't that hilarious?! (not.)

Basically, your mom is just a mother-in-law that's exercising her right to be a mother-in-law. It's annoying, it sucks, it pisses you and your husband off, but she's not going to change her attitude if she doesn't want to. She probably sees it as just another way to meddle in your life, even though you're an adult now.

And don't worry...I'm scared to death of confronting my mom too xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2008