yelling screaming

Does your husband or significant other refuse to talk nice to your kids and yell in their faces all the time? I'm so tired of the yelling I've asked my husband numerous times to learn to talk to his children. I cant get my kids to communicate to each other without all the yelling and I'm trying to instill in them that yelling isnt how we speak to each other that we need to voice how feel without yelling. One of my kids just shuts down and wont speak at all when something is upsetting him and I dont know how to get him to speak up. I feel like I'm just chasing my own tail and getting nowhere. I'm worried about these kids and how they will communicate with thier kids and spouses someday if this doesnt stop. I also feel like Divorce is in the mix,like maybe we would be better without him around then I can teach the kids. Sorry to vent my problems my husband says its noones busines and I shouldnt talk about my troubles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• he sounds controling, maybe you need to seek therapy as a couple, and as a family. also he should look into anger management.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Sometimes yelling and screaming is worse than hitting. You are seeing what it does to children. They can end up with stomach problems and nerve problems over it not to mention low self esteem, nightmares and the list goes on. Children learn what they live. They deserve better than being yelled at.
    Anonymous

• my Ex husband is a yeller, he was controlling and he is still mad that I divorced him 13 years ago. Some people have anger issues and rage issues. Tell him to get help or your leaving, have a plan set up so when he calls your bluff your out the door. Or you can throw him out like I did to my ex husband,...I packed up all of his stuff and put in his truck while he was at work and told him to not come home that the locks are changed too.
    To this day when h e speaks to me and the girls it's always "WHAT DO YOU WANT"?? yelling no less. It does hurt the kids. What is more important saving the kids's self esteem or ruining it by keeping him around. You are your kid's best advocate.
    Anonymous

• read the book 1-2-3 magic
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yelling may seem like nothing to some ppl but is it a big deal. Early in our relationship DH used to yell all the time. I understand about your child shutting down. My second oldest would do the same thing. He is now 6 and really didnt stop that "shutting down" thing until last year. It takes a BIG toll on small children and it stays with them for quite awhile.

As far as your child is concerned you need to talk to him/her and try to counter the effects of the yelling and screaming going on.

As far as your husband is concerned, I would try marriage counseling. But ultimately your children should be your first priority. If your SO cant get it together it may be time to seperate for awhile.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2010