Did your kids have a lovey?

My daughter has various blankets that she uses as lovies. She puts her fingers in her mouth and rubs the blankets against her cheek. Aww =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• she doesnt have blankies but she loves her stuffies. back when she was really little she would pick them up and hug them tight and i would go awwww every time, so ever since ( a year ago) everytime she hugs one she says awww like i used to.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• None of my kids use anything. My youngest dd loves a couple of her blankets, but she doesn't use them as lovies, and I never gave them toys or stuffed animals in their beds. If one of my kids wanted one, I would give it to them, but I have a friend whose 5 1/2 year old daughter still carries around her pajama bottoms that she used as a lovie.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• yep,his Laa Laa
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I was the lovey.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• he had a P-Poo (pillow) . It had strings. He put one end in his nose and one he'd rub between his finger and thumb to fall asleep
    Anonymous

• I have shreds of a blanket that was my son's blankie. He used to put it against his cheek and rip it! lol. He is 19 now!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yep! My oldest had a stuffed Piglet- that lasted for about 6 months, and my 2nd and 3rd had blankets. My 3rd still 'uses' his "binky" (as we call it) and drags it everywhere with him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My son likes his stuffed animals during the day, and he has one big bear that he named "Honey." If I put them in bed with him he just stands up and chucks them over the side though! To fall asleep he likes to play with my hair. I have to sit next to the crib so he can stick his hand through the bars and play with it. I WISH he would start clinging to one of his animals!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My daughter Hayden has a green blanket"Branky" it goes EVERY where with us lol my daughter Zoey has a swaddling blankey she hasnt named it yet
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2010