Has anybody had/or is using Paragard?

I had Mirena and had mood swings and weight gain. I want to get Paragard the IUD becacause it's non-hormonal and last to 10 yrs. I just want to know what kind of side effects if any to see what to expect. Pro's and cons?

jilliank1109

Asked by jilliank1109 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (-17 Credits)
  • Got mine put in about a 1.5 years ago when my daughter was about 14 months old. I love it since I can't do hormones at all. My periods were a little heavier at first, but the last 3 months or so they are better. I had some major cramping after insertion for about 3 days, but you probably get that with Mirena too. I love mine and plan to get another after this one is taken out and then I will be in menopause so we are good. That way we don't have to do anything permanent just in case we decide we want another.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2010