How many work at home opportunities have you tried? Which ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just one. I have been with Avon for 27 years and I love it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Quite a few... But they just weren't a good match for me. I have been with Ameriplan for the last 18+ months and love it! I tried a number of companies (Avon, Partylite, Mela, and more...) Ameriplan is the only one that has earned me a decent income while allowing me to be home...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I've been with just about every company out there! I've tried surveys, text answering companies, writing articles and the like. I'm currently with Ameriplan and it works for me! You have to find something you are passionate about and stick with it, that's the number one piece of advice I can give you.
    MeganRussell

Answer by MeganRussell at 6:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I wish I could find one, i have read all the reviews on Ameriplan, Internt CEO Moms and most of the others the mom's here are working with and I have not found one that I think is not a scam. I am currently making a bit of money doing surveys but nothing to supplement an income. Good luck in your search.

Anonymous

• what websites were you going on to do surveys?????
    Anonymous

• I tried Avon and tried selling personalized CDs for children. Neither of those worked me. I finally found Internet CEO Moms and I absolutely LOVE what I do. I'm glad that I finally found what works best for my Family and Me!!!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have tried a few different companies, surveys etc. I've also tried to find a job from home. Jobs from home are very hard to come by and normally have restrictions about noise, phone lines etc. unless you are self employed.

I have also tried a few different home businesses. As a home business they do have a start up cost and then ongoing costs, whether it be advertising, websites etc.
    What didn't work for me, may work for someone else.
    You have to find something you are passionate about and also something that will work with your family.
    A party business may not be ideal for you, if you are a single parent or have a spouse who can't look after the kids at night.
    A business where you are on the phone a lot may not work if your kids misbehave when you're on the phone.
    I hope you find what you are looking for.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I don't think there is much I have not tried. I found my home with Scent Sations. I am actually making money and believe in the company and the products. It really comes down to you and what you are interested in.
    Good luck in finding the business that is right for you.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have tried too many to count! Avon, Mary Kay, survey sites, multi level marketing, freebie trading, the list could go on and on... But I finally found 2 that I LOVE and they cost me NOTHING to do. Quick Tate is a voice mail transcription service. I transcribe voice mails into either a text message or an email. The second is kgb_, a text answering service.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Two - the first is avon and I've been with that one successfully for 7 years now.

the second was bearsnbuddies (an at home build a bear party company) - I sold it to a friend because I got pregnant with baby #3 and had no time to do parties I was successful at it until I had to sell.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2010