any foster moms out there?

I am a single mom thinking about becoming a foster parent? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• well i am not a foster parent but i was in many foster homes through out my life....i can answer pretty much anything what do you want to know
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Just wondering if as a single mom on a limited income if i qualify? And wondering if I could handle it? I would love to be able to make a positive difference in a child's life
    Anonymous

• well my foster mother was a single parent and had 1 daughter of her own. She took in teenage girls (which let me add is very rare, no 1 wants teenage girls bc of the hormones), it doesnt really matter about the income I belive, but the agency will do many tings, ex. background check. and many other things. you also have to classes. and they will check your house to see if it is safe, youll have to have a fire marshall come and check ect.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm not a foster parent, but my parents were, when I was growing up. IMO, if you already have your own kid, for his/her protection, do not foster until s/he is out of the house. Please, please wait.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010