Energy.. .

What kinds of foods (besides caffiene beverages) give you energy? (Healthy foods)

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Water! Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. Be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

Meat, dairy, simple grains, and sugars are all energy sappers; load your diet with fruits and vegetables (7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors); whole grains, like brown rice, quinoa, whole grain bread (5-6 servings a day) and legumes (at least 2 servings a day)

Be sure to get regular exercise, even just a brisk walk, at least three times a week for at least 20 minutes a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats, brown carbs...and eating regularly...every 3 hours or so.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• fruits, vegy, protein..even working out regularly can. i get my energy from a nutritional shake that i drink in the morning.. it has vitamins, minerals and digestive enzymes and im in love with how it helps me get through my day, plus its helping me lose weight.. drink at least 8 cups of water and an extra cup per coffee, soda or alcoholic drink and potassium such as bananas can keep your muscles energized!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Coconut oil, you can get it in the oil isle or in the health food section of the grocery store. You can cook with it, take a tbsp. of it in the morning by itself, add it too protein shakes. It's really amazing what you can do with it. It's a has a natural Thermogenic effect on our bodies so it raises our temperature and burns fat naturally and gives you energy. It has the good fat in it that will help you burn fat. Also of course eating clean, and working out daily will give you energy too!
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I find fresh fruits give me an awesome boost!Eat every few hours helps too.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010