Have you ever done this? Has it ever been done to you?

Just got off the phone with my mom (needed her recipe for baked sweet potatoes). We're talking about the walmart parking lot and she said "Dont leave the babies in the parking lot".. I told her i'd NEVER done that. She confesses that when I was little she left me in the fiesta parking lot?!?!?!?! WHAAAA??? lol She laughed and i'm sure it wasnt so funny to me then, but its funny to me now. I know her and I can just imagine the curse words that were flowing from her mouth as she turned around to go back for me lol.

Anyone here ever left there kiddo by accident, or been left themsleves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was the first born, so they weren't used to having a baby to look after. My parents almost drove off with me on top of their car in my carseat! Thank God they didn't!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• The only thing we did was we each thought the other had our little son at the mall and were shocked to find that neither of us did. A kind lady brought him to us, thank goodness.

Answer by Bmat at 7:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• we went to our grandparents vacation house and my parents left me in the car because I was asleep- I remember screaming in terror- saw my grandmother come out to put something in the trash and thought she would come and rescue me.
    Can you imagine the feeling of being a terrified child, yelling for someone and have them just walk away?
    I'm sure it was because she didn't hear me, but I thought she was just leaving me there. Couldn't have been any older than 2 at the time. Remember it like it was yesterday. (39 now)

They left the windows about half way open, so I climbed out, hurt of course.

From what I remember, I was a screaming yelling mess the whole weekend.

and frankly even at my age, I don't blame myself one bit!
    If we are out with others and there happens to be a child that is going to be left in the car- I stay in the car with the kid. No way am I going to have a left alone terrified kid on my conscious!
    Anonymous

• Nope, that's never happened, but once when my now ex husband and I took our then 1 year old baby with us to Sam's Club, he locked the baby in the van while we were loading things in the back....and the van was running. Baby was fast asleep, but I had to go into the store and ask for help, the store manager called a tow truck service to come pop the lock and stayed with us in the lot until they came and we got into the van.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• This is the first thing I thought of when I read your post!

http://www.electricedge.com/greymatter/images/lileks.jpg

It's from a book I read by James Lileks--"Mommy Knows Worst: Highlights from the Golden Age of Bad Parenting Advice.  I've given copies to all of my expecting friends--it's hilarious!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i never left my DS in the car while I went in, but I do remember my mother leaving my sister and I in the car!
    Anonymous