Help dealing with pinworms in my six year old...Yikes... Any Suggestions???

Momofthree1229

Asked by Momofthree1229 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is medicine that will fix the child right up. It used to be prescription, but call and ask or ask the pharmacist. As far as preventing them, the child must keep hands out of their mouth or wash wash wash their hands.

Answer by Bmat at 7:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Clove tea kills intestinal parasites.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Im still confused on why this is usually a children only problem. But I remember this dirty family that lived downstairs from my family when I was a kid and my mother said we kept catching it from her and when she confronted her mother this woman didn't to care she was also the one who brought roaches and it affected everyone els and eventually her and the dirty family was kicked out once the landlord had enough and all the nasty problems for everyone else went away!. You need to find out who shes been around or it will keep coming back!!
    Anonymous

• There are many over-the-counter pinworm medications. Check with your drug store - they can lead you to them. You also need to make sure the child's bedding is cleaned regularly and that the child keeps his/her hands away from his/her mouth and keeps hands clean.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I meant we kept catching it from this dirty woman's daughter and the family didn't seem to care they were dirtbags. Garbage all over they brought roaches when none existed before they moved in. My point is your child caught it from someone else most likely someone she plays with a lot so you need to find the source because it does come back you do not build and immunity to it, its a parasite.
    Anonymous

• Ladies.............things like pinworms, lice, roaches have NOTHING to do with being around "dirty" people. You get worms from not washing your hands and nails and then putting your hands in your mouth. So the hygiene problem is with the person who has them. Kids are susceptible because they dont wash there hands like they should. Go to the doctors or to a free clinic. This needs medical attention ASAP.  Everyone in your house will need to be treated. You need to wash your clothes and bedding in HOT water.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Umm misty actually when you have a children who play with each other and one mother keeps getting her child treated and the other mother refuses because she is a neglectful, drug addict, roach infested, house smelling like a landfill dirtbag who let her daughter have pinworm and never brought her to the dr to get treated so all her friends kept catching it from her? it is a communicable disease. It can be airborn from flushing a toilet etc. And yes kids are going to put their damn hands in their mouth. The reality is always a careless parent whos child infects every other child around them in school, the neighborhood etc. Have some common sense.
    Anonymous

• Anon. 10:49 I do have common sense. My common sense says that you should encourage your kids to wash there hands.

My common sense says Regardless how clean you are your kids can get things like pin worms. Not just dirty people get it or spread it. You can get it from toilets, play ground equipment etc. The bottom line is that children generally get it because they dont wash there hands enough. Even clean children.

My common sense says that if you allow your kids to play with children that YOU know have pinworms then shame on you. .

And NO its not always a careless parent spreading it. You or your kids can be infected with pinworms and not even realize it. That is generally how its spread, not just "dirty children".

Now, if your going to correct me in a public forum please put your big girl pants on and dont hide behind Anon. Actually lets not argue this women is asking for help.......
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:37 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• the doctor can give you meds that kill them. I believe they are also highly contagious and the rest of you may get the meds too. By the way we're mammals we can get worms. And lice. And other cooties. Its jut not dirty people. Call the doctor they are actually quiet common. I bath daily and caught scabies. From touching an article of clothing from someone who had them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2010