Levels doubling, then rising slowly?

So, The Thursday before last, I received a positive HPT test. My LMP was around Feb. 4th but due to the sticky cm, and pains, I believe I ovulated late. Friday, I did blood work. It showed up as 15 hcg (progesterone was never mentioned to me). The doctor informed me that levels under 25 hcg do not confirm pregnancy, therefore I would need to get my levels checked again in 3 days. Tuesday, I did more blood work, and it came up to 55 hcg. Meaning I am definitely pregnant, and the numbers almost doubled twice in 3 days, which is perfectly normal. Friday of last week, I had my blood levels checked again because of cramping (which turned out to be constipation), and they were at 62 hcg. I also had an ultrasound, and it's too early to see anything. I still have preg. symptoms, no bleeding or pain, my cervix is closed, etc. Is it possible for this pregnancy to end up normal? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is entirely possible for you to have a normal pregnancy with HCG levels such as yours. They fluctuate with every woman and yes, the doubling is very normal at that stage. Talk to your doctor about your concerns if you feel uncomfortable about your levels, k?
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have, and they said I am doomed. Yet I spoke to another doctor, and he checked my cervix, which is closed (would be open for a m/c), and pressed on my cervix and said depending on what side has sharp pain, it would indicate where an ectopic pregnancy is, and I didn't feel any pain. However, as I said, my other doctor is telling me everything will go wrong, and that I will have either a m/c or an ectopic.

They are concerned because my levels only rose by like, 7 in 3 days. So that DOES sometimes happen and everything works out?
    Anonymous