Have to give my cats back to rescue orgs and I can't stop crying

My 18 month old grandson has a rare immune deficiency disease (CVID) that my 3 sons and I have. We went to his first immunologist appointment Fri. He only has a 64% chance of surviving CVID so I've been upset about this.

Then allergy tests show he is allergic to cats, peanuts, eggs, beef, chicken, and ham. He has eczema from head to toe that bleeds. I have to give back my 5 cats. They came from 3 different orgs., 2 are fosters. I have to deal with all those people.

I've taken two to the nicest org. One was my favorite cat. It was so hard. I've been crying so much I'm making myself sick. I've never been this sad.

How do you deal when you feel exhaused and like you will cry any second?

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 7:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pets

• I'm sorry Gailll. I know you have a lot on you.Have you talked to your doctor regarding how all this is affecting you?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 7:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I am so sorry. Animals are our children too. I hope your other three will go back to good places too. Things are unsettled for me and what settles me down is no lie wearing earplugs -it just brings a big huge silence in my head and my heart. I wear soft foam green tube shaped earplugs. It calms me cause it takes away noise that upsets me. I leave on at night for company that's not emotional to busy my brain when I'm restless afv on youtube, that just play and also the two homeshopping networks. tv channel diy and syfi has good workshops too on building incredible things.

In addition to busying your mind you have to busy your hands and your heart. It sounds like your pets really have impacted your life for some time. How about writing poetry about them or stories. From my animals losses of death in 2003 and 5 and also 2006 I still cry.

How about honoring rescued pets and volunteering at shelters?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I am so sorry you are going through this, what do you do?, you go out to a park or somewhere where there is not a lot of people traffic and you let it all out, you scream and cry at the top of your lungs, letting it all out like this is so therapeutic!

Answer by older at 7:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Hugs! I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this. Depression would be normal under all this weight you are carrying. Please try to be kind to yourself, don't expect to much right now. Take a day, spend it in your bathrobe and favorite rocking chair and eat mashed potatoes all day.You will get thru this. You might feel better if you could make donations for a little while to the org. who took your cats. That way you will still feel like your helping them. Best wishes for your grandson's recovery.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 4:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2010