My 3 month old won't take the bottle. She justs wants to nurse!

My almost 3 month old refuses the bottle. I have tried everything- leaving so she'll be hungry and having someone else give her the bottle, making a game of it, sneaking it in her mouth when she is nursing on me or before and after she nurses, even during. I want to be able to nurse and have her take a bottle when I'm not there.The minute the bottle nipple touches her mouth and she knows it's not me, she cries.

sweetpeas2210

Asked by sweetpeas2210 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• theres these things you can buy (im sorry i cant remember what theyre actually called) that you put over your nipples, its like a silicone bottle nipple, but you place it on your breast and the baby sucks the milk thru that..that way shes still getting the closeness to you, and shes also getting used to the feel of a bottle..and then switch over to a bottle when shes used to sucking on what feels like a bottle..good luck
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• Try a new & different bottle she may dislike the ones your using, also do you put breastmilk in the bottle,she may prefer that over formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

• Try having your significant other, or someone else other than you feed with a bottle. My baby wouldnt take the bottle form me either, but she would her daddy. I nursed both of my kids. My boy just got lazy and didnt want to suck for the milk after a while. He found that the bottle was faster, more grub and less work.

yeahbaby3

Answer by yeahbaby3 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Look into reverse cycling, if you need to go leave a bottle if its not taken fine, but they will nruse to make up for it later.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Playtex Ventiarie Wide is what I use....and my dd goes from breast to bottle and back to breast just fine...tell your husband to try squirting a little in her mouth from the bottle so she knows what she's gonna get from it.....also, tell him to imitate how you feed her.....like if you use a boppy, so should he, and if you're topless during feedings, he should be as well...that may help.....and make sure you're nowhere near her when he feeds her......Good luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 7:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2008