iam like 2 weeks from delivering and my breast havent leaked any milk.has this ever happened to anyone else?

sexybutter

Asked by sexybutter at 8:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, yes. They didn't leak until I had come home from the hospital and started nursing several times a day. I wouldn't worry. Not everyone leaks before labor and birth.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• With Makenzie, I didn't leak any milk until she was born. Then, I had to train my body to continuisly produce. After that, I was in overflow! Don't worry, it will happen, and a lot!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I didn't have milk until 2 weeks after my son was born, he was almost 6weeks early. this was part of the reason we went with bottle feeding.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Milk comes in 2-5 days after delivery before that you have just colostrum-- a protein thick stuff filled with antibodies-- not all women leek only some-- it has nothing to do with your ability to breastfeed-- when the placenta detaches from the uterus a hormone is sent to your brain to make milk-- your brain will reply shortly..be paent
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My boobs didn't leak at all during my second pregnancy, not until after I had her. She's now 11 months old and still nurses all the time. Boob leakage means nothing, either way. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• this is my 4th pregnancy. i bf all of my kids and had 1 twin pregnancy. the only time my breasts ever leaked was after my twins were born. i never leaked during pregnancy...and i never needed breast pads after the kids were born either. in the beginning i usually fed every 1 1/2 hours, so i don't think i ever really gave my breasts a chance to leak.
    anyhow...don't worry at all if they are not leaking now or even after your baby comes :)
    congratulations on your baby to come!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• The milk comes in AFTER the baby is delivered. The first thing is the colistrum,then the milk.
    It was this way w/both of my pgs. Gl
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• nothing ever leaked for me.. my milk came in 3 days after she was born, both times for both pregnancy ...
    Anonymous

• Never leaked before hand and didn't have much of a leakage issue after while nursing either.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Colostrum is what some women leak during pregnancy...not milk. Colostrum is thicker and more of a yellow color. It is filled with antibodies and will keep your baby satisfied (for the most part) until your actual milk comes in...which is usually between 1-4 days after delivery.
    Anonymous