Bed time change with daylight savings

I normally put my daughter to bed at 8pm. I am wondering if I should still put her to bed at 8 or maybe alittle later! What are you other Mom's doing?

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my daughter down at 8 and she passed right out. I kept her schedule during the day the at the same times too so that she would still feel like everything was the same.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Time change did not change my DD's bed time. 9pm is 9pm Before time change and after time change.

Answer by louise2 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My daughter always goes to bed at 7pm every night with no arguing. Tonight I tried following the normal schedule and she went right to sleep. She did seem a tad bit confused because it wasn't dark outside though LOL
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I put my 20 month old dd to bed at 7pm like usual. I covered her bedroom window with heavy black fabric to darken the room. She fell asleep without any issues.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Bed time does not change because of time change. My 2 older children go to bed at 730 whenever there is school the next day and my youngest goes to bed between 830 and 9 pm and no one has given me a problem at all.
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• There is no need to change bedtime. My DD goes ot bed at 8 and wakes up at 5:30. Tonight she went ot bed at 8, tomorrow I will wake her up at 5:30. She's getting the SAME hours of sleep.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• This is the first time we're trying something new... our girls have been on a 7:30 bedtime. We're keeping the same actual time of bed but the clock will say 8:30, and we're going to see if that means they'll sleep until the clock reads 7:30 instead of 6:30 am. I'm not totally convinced that it will work in the long term (we have fiddled with bedtimes plenty and they always wake up by 6:30), but a friend of mine swears by this plan for a later "summer" schedule. We're pushing everything else off an hour, too (again, to keep the same actual times, different time on the clock).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i put my DD down at the same time i always do (8pm). i woke her up a little earlier than usual today and we we're out so she didnt get a nap. needless to say she was more than ready for bed despite the time change. we will see tomorrow if she wakes up at her normal time or not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:43 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I attempted to do the normal, down at 7 thing and it didn't work. He was quiet for the first 30 minutes or so but at about 7:30 he was DONE being in bed. I ended up having to get him up and he went down at 8pm with no issues (which was 7 the night before) I'm hoping tonight works out better. My oldest has never had any problems adjusting to DST. This one is just a bit more stubborn.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Krysden
    I attempted to do the normal, down at 7 thing and it didn't work. He was quiet for the first 30 minutes or so but at about 7:30 he was DONE being in bed. I ended up having to get him up and he went down at 8pm with no issues (which was 7 the night before) I'm hoping tonight works out better. My oldest has never had any problems adjusting to DST. This one is just a bit more stubborn.

*******************************

Have you tried putting a piece of dark fabric over the windows to block the light? That seemed to work with my daughter.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2010