name idea's anyone?

the kind of names i need are ones that were at one time very common but aren't anymore, like winifred, gail, gloria, arthur, names like that. this is for a story i am working on and those are the names i want to put in it, just as many classic names as i can.

i've posted this in several of my groups and i figure that puting it here could get me some more of them. any and al names would be apreacuated.

caljones

Asked by caljones at 8:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tammy, Glenda, Sheila, Loretta, Sandy

Like those? They most have been popular when my mom was coming up cause I know a bunch of people with these names.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i forgot about glenda for some strange reason. thank you
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 8:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Check out SocialSecurity.gov (sorry, for some reason I can't make a link right now) where you can enter a year and it brings up the most pop. names for that year.

Some from 1930 are Patricia, Shirley, Lois, Alice, Charles, Donald, Walter. Some from 1900 are Helen, Florence, Mildred, Frank, Harold, George. 1880 Bertha, Florence, Cora, Harry, Henry, Albert.....
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Sharlene- the S may have not been so popular but what popular name once upon a time-
    I'd use that one :)
    Anonymous

• Eva, Lorraine, Barbara, Susan,
    Anonymous