How soon should I start looking for a new school (elementary)

My son starts VPK in august, but his daycare doesn’t have elementary….
How soon should I start looking for a new school for starting classes August 2009

Thank you

sara76c

Asked by sara76c at 4:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Find out what school she'll be attending and look on their website. Most schools have a kindergarten enrollment before school starts for like a week. Failing that, if you've found her school but miss that time, just take her on the first day of school with her shot records, Birth certificate and usually they require a utility bill to verify address. Some want a copy of her social security card too.
    asmith62877

Answer by asmith62877 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• The catholic school here told me their open house is in november. Public schools generally do registration in the spring. April by me.
    snailteacher

Answer by snailteacher at 1:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i would take tours starting this school year and again in the spring at the same school. it will ease your anxiety and be one less thing on your to do list.
    good luck to you
    aruba3

Answer by aruba3 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008